Saturday, August 31, 2013

The last 10 miles...

Are the longest. I was warned about this by Navid. He actual said the first 10 and the last 10 are the hardest.  The first 10
Haven't occurred that way yet. The hour preceding the first 10 have been a bit daunting. Getting it all together and getting my butt in the saddle early just seems to evade me.  But the last 10? Oh yeah. This is the time I spend desperately trying to avoid looking at the odometer... and failing! Pedaling away, I glance down after going about 300 feet and am shocked to find out it wasn't a mile!! Oh sometimes I can do it. Take in the scenery, say a prayer asking God for smooth pavement around the next bend...  okay, I can look. Certainly it's down to 5 by now...  8.9?!!!!!! FREAK! ok.. really it was the other EF bomb, but trying to keep it clean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment